Associated Bank, in partnership with the Associated Pride & Equality Exchange (APEX) colleague resource group, is celebrating National LGBT Pride Month in June, recognizing the impact that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals have had on history as well as in business, both locally and around the world.
APEX offers inclusive educational and community involvement activities that promote a culture that respects the diversity of human expression and identity and creates opportunity for all. Since the launch of APEX in 2014, the group has grown to more than 290 members companywide who are committed to educating, attracting and retaining LGBT colleagues, as well as serving as a resource to the communities in which they reside.
Associated Bank colleagues throughout our footprint show their support for the LGBT community by participating in a variety of events throughout the month:
- Timber Rattlers Pride Night – Colleagues were in attendance on June 1 as the Timber Rattlers took on the Peoria Chiefs at this first-ever theme night celebrating diversity and inclusion at Fox Cities Stadium in Appleton, Wis.
- Milwaukee Brewers Pride Night – Colleagues celebrated Pride Night at Miller Park as the Brewers took on the Miami Marlins on June 5.
- Lavender’s Pride Kickoff Celebration – Colleagues, along with more than 500 community members, were in attendance to kick off the Twin Cities Pride Celebration at the Hennepin Theatre Trust in Minneapolis on June 6.
- St. Paul Saints Pride Night – Colleagues were among the crowd celebrating pride night at CHS Field as the St. Paul Saints took on the Milwaukee Milkmen on June 8.
- Twin Cities Pride Parade Pre-Party – Colleagues are invited to celebrate this year’s Pride Parade in style at the Arise + Shine 2019 pre-party, where 100% of donations will go towards the fight to end LGBT+ homelessness on June 23.
- Wisconsin LGBT Chamber of Commerce Happy Hour – On June 26, attendees will have the opportunity to learn about how we can partner with the chamber to create a fully-inclusive state by promoting opportunities among LGBT-owned and allied businesses in Milwaukee.
Associated Bank encourages employees to become involved in at least one of the six colleague resource groups (CRG) offered. In addition to APEX, the other CRGs are: Associated Veterans Network, Associated Women’s Network, Cultural Awareness Network, Young Professionals of Associated and Associated Forward Abilities Network.