On March 2, Associated Bank received the Best of the Best Large Business Elite award during the National Association of Business Resources (NABR) fourth annual Milwaukee’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® symposium at the Wisconsin Club.
Winning companies are those that demonstrate exceptional innovative human resource practices and set high standards for all of Milwaukee area’s businesses. Elite winners are selected based on their high scores in categories such as communication, work-life balance, employee education, diversity and inclusion, recognition, retention and more.
Associated Bank scored above the regional average in nine of 10 categories:
- Compensation, benefits and employee solutions
- Employee enrichment, engagement and retention
- Employee education and development
- Recruitment, selection and orientation
- Employee achievement and recognition
- Communication and shared vision
- Diversity and inclusion
- Work-life balance
- Community initiatives
Organizers shared that Associated Bank’s culture stood out above the rest of the competition, specifically for:
- Strong emphasis on diversity, which is fostered through six colleague resource groups
- Work environment where employees are encouraged to share opinions, ideas, issues and concerns
- Broad employee selection and quality on-boarding experience
In addition, Laurie Riedy-Timmerman, director of colleague experience, served as a panelist on the Best Practice Elite Winners Panel Discussion as part of this year’s event. She shared her expertise on employee retention strategies, the importance of senior leadership and creating a culture of excellence.