School mascot: Red Devils
Address: 1415 E. Walnut, Green Bay, 54301
School size: 1,350
Band size: 170
Band director name: Karen Iken
- Marched in National Independence Parade, Washington, D.C. 2014
- GRAMMY Foundation Signature School
- Perfect score in 2016 WSMA Band Festival
Favorite/best piece to perform: Pep Band “In The Stone”
How the band will benefit from a grant:
Marching Shoes. Being situated in a low socio-economic neighborhood, our families can’t always purchase the extra items needed for band. With an increase in band enrollment over the last two years (up 20 students from last year, we will need to purchase additional marching shoes ($30/pair + shipping). These shoes provide one of the uniformity features inherent in a band atmosphere.
Quote from the band director:
"I love my job and I love my students. Anything that can be done to improve the music experience of my students is of great importance to me. In addition to providing quality music education, I feel it is important to give back to the community. The students at East have been great about performing for Downtown Green Bay, UW-Green Bay, Brown County Veterans Association, Community Seniors and Charity Organizations. I wish the public could see the talented and caring students I see on a daily basis."
Drop off ncanned food items and support Green Bay East High School in their pursuit of a $2,000 grant.
Time / Date: Saturday, October 27 from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Location: Lambeau Field parking lot at the corner of Lombardi Ave. and Ridge Rd., Green Bay
Schedule of events
- 10 a.m.: Community members are invited to begin dropping off food in support of their favorite school
- 11 a.m.: Autograph session with a Packers alumni and high school band pep rally
- 12:45 p.m.: Local leaders will announce the school with the largest food collection pile
For questions or additional information, visit http://newsroom.associatedbank.com/ads/stockthebox2018 or email CSR@associatedbank.com.